The forum for talks about jCore CMS. Share, solve and develop jCore ideas.

French translation

Help with translations or commit your own.

Re: French translation

Postby pijulius » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm

davidbrisebois wrote:Seems you misspelled my name haha I think you copy/pasted :lol:

Ooo, yes you're right, I'm really sorry about it! :oops:

davidbrisebois wrote:About Javascript, what comes in mind would be to add JS vars in plain in the HTML, and the error retrieve the error message from that var... This is the only thing I think of :?

Ooo, yes, that's a good solution, I will do this then, thanks!!!

davidbrisebois wrote:I don't really know about what you say for custom translation, for now I think we can live without, but surely this is something that should be considered...

I was thinking about adding a text field to Additional Options for dynamic forms where you could enter the name of the .po file to use for translating. This way each form could use a separate.po file or even all forms could use form.po if you want as it's up to you to define which file to use for translation, what do you think?

davidbrisebois wrote:And thank for the other answers ;)

NP, you're more than welcome! ;)
pijulius
Site Admin

Postby davidbrisebois » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:37 pm

pijulius wrote:Ooo, yes you're right, I'm really sorry about it! :oops:

Don't worry you are forgiven ;)

pijulius wrote:Ooo, yes, that's a good solution, I will do this then, thanks!!!

I am glad I gave you a good idea :P

pijulius wrote:I was thinking about adding a text field to Additional Options for dynamic forms where you could enter the name of the .po file to use for translating. This way each form could use a separate.po file or even all forms could use form.po if you want as it's up to you to define which file to use for translation, what do you think?

I think it could be an idea, though I've never played with translation before, you know more than me want is possible to do. I think it's not mandatory to have separate po file for each form individually, I think one file can be easy to manage.

One more thing that came to my mind. I just saw that notification aren't translated (which I understand as they are SQL based). But I am just wondering if there would be a possible way to translate them. I think that, for example, a user that register in french should receive french message as english user receive english message... Should be easy to attach a notification email to a language with a "foreign key" ? Sorry, I am giving you lot of thinking/work :oops:

Finally, as I asked when in the post with language attached, seems like GIT repositories are read-only unless you give write permission to someone right ? Just asking because it would be easier to commit translation changes directly instead of always sending you corrected files ? I don't know what are your taught on this.
davidbrisebois

Postby pijulius » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 am

davidbrisebois wrote:One more thing that came to my mind. I just saw that notification aren't translated (which I understand as they are SQL based). But I am just wondering if there would be a possible way to translate them. I think that, for example, a user that register in french should receive french message as english user receive english message... Should be easy to attach a notification email to a language with a "foreign key" ? Sorry, I am giving you lot of thinking/work :oops:

I see ... yes, we could do this by linking the emails to the Language IDs, I have noted this and will implement, maybe not for 0.8 but for 0.9 I'm sure it will be done. Thanks for the idea btw!

davidbrisebois wrote:Finally, as I asked when in the post with language attached, seems like GIT repositories are read-only unless you give write permission to someone right ? Just asking because it would be easier to commit translation changes directly instead of always sending you corrected files ? I don't know what are your taught on this.

Nope, you don't need a write access to it, just clone the revision and do your work on it and once done just send a Pull Request and I will accept it and will be added to the official revision. I'm also new to GIT but as I see this is the way for doing these things but please let me know if I understood it wrong.
pijulius
Site Admin

Postby davidbrisebois » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm

pijulius wrote:I see ... yes, we could do this by linking the emails to the Language IDs, I have noted this and will implement, maybe not for 0.8 but for 0.9 I'm sure it will be done. Thanks for the idea btw!

You are welcome and thank you for your support again ;) I still don't need this feature right now but I might anytime soon so I is good for 0.9 !

Seems you are right, I have to make a fork. Will give it a look maybe tonight.

Thanks for your answers again ;)
davidbrisebois

Postby davidbrisebois » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 pm

As you will see, I made few fixes and sent you pull requests. Tell me if it sounds the good way to go ;)
davidbrisebois

Postby davidbrisebois » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi !

Here is the french package updated to 0.9.

Istvan, I also sent you a pull request on Git, but just realized that you will have changes with the .tar.gz :lol:

Moreover, I just found out one thing:
When you set percentage coupon to a maximum, you wrote "%s till %s" but I think it would be better to say "%s up to %s" ;)

Thanks !
Attachments
fr_CA-0.9.tar.gz
(112.72 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
davidbrisebois

Postby pijulius » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi David, Thanks a lot for the help/support! I have now merged your request also changed "%s till %s" to "%s up to %s" as you suggested just didn't touch your translation as you wanted :) so please update this in your own version to and I will merge it again.
pijulius
Site Admin

Postby brxdesign » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 am

Hey David,

I found several misspellings in some of the translated messages (messages.po) :
  • "Filigrane" est masculin, pas féminin !
  • "Num d'utilisateur SMTP"
  • "Activer/désectiver la protection"
  • Un petit doute à cet endroit :
    Code: Select all
    #: /home/julius/workspace/jcore/lib/sources/security.class.php:242
    #: /home/julius/workspace/jcore/lib/sources/security.class.php:387
    msgid "Turn OFF"
    msgstr "Activer"

#: /home/julius/workspace/jcore/lib/sources/security.class.php:243
    #: /home/julius/workspace/jcore/lib/sources/security.class.php:388
    msgid "Turn ON"
    msgstr "Désactiver"
  • "Aucun essai de connexion par force brute n'a été journalisée." Essai est masculin, donc "journalisé"
  • "Le jeton d'authentification GData a été extrait. <br /><b>Votre nouveau jeton d'authetification GData est : %s</b>"
  • "Les articles ont été copié vers \"%s\"." : faut accorder "copiés"
  • "Aucune filigrane" cf. premier point de cette liste
  • "Aucun fichierr a téléverser comme nouvelle image ! Veuillez sélectionner un fichier/image à téléverser or définissez une image déjà téléversée."
  • "Impossible d'ajouter la filigrane (...) fichier spécifié \"%s\" n'a pas pu être trouvé !"" cf. premier point de cette liste
  • "Impossible d'ajouter la filigrane (...) trop lourde pour être traitée (...)" cf. premier point de cette liste
  • "Les commentaires ont été approuvée et sont désormais visibles publiquement." approuvés
  • "Le commentaire a été mis à jouré"
  • "Sera visible oubliquement dans %s minutes."
  • "Pépondre à"
  • "Boutton Soumettre"
  • "Les champs marqués d'un astérique (*) sont requis."
  • "L'adresse courriel est invalide. Veuillez vous assurer d'enter une adresse courriel valide."
  • "Le formulaire a été mis à jouré"
  • "(les notes fermée sont affichée barrées)"
  • "Veuillez jetter un coup d'oeil aux messages ci-dessus et essayer à nouveau."
  • "Cette section est limiée aux membres seulement. Veuillez vous connecter ci-bas."
  • "L'enregistrement de nouveaux compte a été temporairement suspendu. Veuillez réessayer plus tard."
  • "Vous avez atteint la limite de %s requêtes ! (...) réeesayer."
  • "<b>Votre nouveau mot de passe a été activé</b><br />Veuillez copier/coller votre nouveau mot de passe depui le courriel que vous avez reçu afin de prévenir toute faute d'orthographe."
  • "Vous avez entré un nom d'utilisateur ou (...) N'oubliez pas que les mots de passes sont sensible à la casse."
  • "Des erreurs sont survenus lors de l'ajout de certaines URL de vidéos définies. Les vidéos suivantes n'ont pas pu être ajoutés : %s."
  • "Rien à sauvegardé ! Veuillez définir (...)"
  • "Chercher des mises à jours."
  • "Auncun habillage trouvé"
  • "Voici la liste des habillages (...) utiliser le forumulaire (...)"
  • "Définie l'habillage pour l'administration"
  • "L'habillage a été suppimé."

I'm currently trying to make a fr_FR translation based on your work since we do have some small differences in the terms we use :)

I will keep you informed if I find any more misspellings in the future. Thanks for your work, you saved me a lot of time by making this translation !
brxdesign

Postby davidbrisebois » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 am

Thanks you for the mistakes ;) I have done the translation very quickly as I needed french for my projects, but never had time to review it ! I have noted it, but for now, I have no time to work on this :roll:
davidbrisebois

Previous

Return to Translations