The forum for talks about jCore CMS. Share, solve and develop jCore ideas.

Add SlimStat as a stats module

Share your ideas and features that you would like to implement in the core system and/or official modules.

Add SlimStat as a stats module

Postby saetorz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 am

Hi pijulius, I found a Stats system appropiate for jcore. That its SlimStat (http://slimstat.net/)

There have an GPL license. Look this and tell me what you think.

I am preparing a list of ideas for jCore 1.0 final version.
saetorz

Re: Add SlimStat as a stats module

Postby ~cXc~ » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 pm

this looks pretty good, glad you suggested it, whether it makes it into jCore or not thank you :)
~cXc~

Postby pijulius » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am

Yes, this is indeed a good stat, it could easily be implemented as a module so I will note it down, for now I simply use the AWState that is included with all cpanel setups and I have made a simple module that simply links to the url of the awstat and that's it :) but a cool module like this would be good/helpful for people I think ;)
pijulius
Site Admin

Postby Endogen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 pm

In the future i would love to have a piwik http://piwik.org module that is configurable and has the ability to show more complex data. Is that something that is planned?

Piwik is GPL licensed and has an API. I could imagine that a big website wants to integrate an existing Piwik installation into jcore. And i consider Piwik the open-source standard for web-analytics :)

Is that something that is thinkable?
Endogen

Postby pijulius » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

Yes, everything is possible Endo :) but I do think that all this can already easily implemented with jCore. You just install Piwik and add the script to your website's Layout Blocks (for e.g. or to the bottom or to the top depending how they require it) and that's it. You will have Piwik working right away.

The reason why I do think this is good idea is that not everyone has cpanel access to check the AWStat on other like that programs so it would be good to have something like this as a module, but the reason why I may wait for somebody else to implement :) is that because nowadays every website has a capnel access I think they all should learn to know about AWStat and their friends as with all these modules you are duplicating data and there isn't really a need for it, but again I really thank you guys for the ideas and I promise once I have more time and these haven't been implemented already by somebody else I will do it for sure.
pijulius
Site Admin

Postby saretta » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't have this cpanel, stats would be a very good jcore feature, I second the idea +1

Return to jCore Ideas